10 years ago, business was great and gas prices were at a low. I had the opportunity to travel across country with my dog for six weeks, discovering the United States from New Hampshire to California and back. As of January 2012, I will have done another road trip… not across country, but here in my home state, New Hampshire... with the same camping gear, the same dog, but for a different purpose.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Panhandler Part II

On Dec. 30th I had posted Part I of my interview with a panhandler.  For those that like to give to the less fortunate may I make a suggestion?

Instead of handing over cash... give a beverage, a meal, or a gift card, or let them know about the nearest soup kitchen, food pantry, or shelter home.  Something they can use to get them through the day.  Whether it's a beverage or a cup of soup to keep them warm, a meal with nutrional value, or a option for them to eat when hungry, these ideas hold greater value than cash to those who are in real need.

Interviewing a Panhandler (Part II)

No comments:

Post a Comment