10 years ago, business was great and gas prices were at a low. I had the opportunity to travel across country with my dog for six weeks, discovering the United States from New Hampshire to California and back. As of January 2012, I will have done another road trip… not across country, but here in my home state, New Hampshire... with the same camping gear, the same dog, but for a different purpose.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Panhandler Speaks Out

I spoke to a twenty-something year old woman who has been panhandling for three months.  She was bundled up in four layers with a hood covering most of her face.  I spoke with her for 20 minutes to try to understand her means of survival.  Does she have a wish?  She has many.  As for a career... she wishes to be a Corrections Officer someday. While we talked, people generously gave her money.

She holds a piece of cardboard that says "Homeless Any donations will help.  Thank you and God bless."

Interviewing a Panhandler (<seven minutes long)

1 comment:

  1. I'm continually amazed at your compassion, bravery, and determination throughout this journey, to expose the reality of homelessness. I'm praying for your safety. Clearly the homeless themselves are concerned for their own safety. Blessings, Amy.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete